Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Billy's Late, and he hopes you forgive him

I have been LACKING in the blogging on time, and I hope you can all find it in your heart to forgive me. It's been a busy time, but I vow to stay on track from here on in.

Summer's coming, and everyone seems to be really excited, and I want to be too. Really, I do. There's a lot to love about the summer months. The beer is great, the movies are ridiculous, and the nights last longer. It's normally a very fun time. There's just one problem.

The heat.

Seriously.

Who the hell enjoys the heat?

I'm a guy that sweats, ALWAYS. I wake up, I sweat. I eat a sandwich, I sweat. I sleep, I sweat. I type a blog, I sweat.(No lie) And that's regardless of the weather outside. It's just how I am. So, when suddenly the air is so thick it suffocates you and the sun beams down like a laser piercing your skin, I don't understand why people don't stay inside with central air all the time. It just doesn't compute with me. People need to stay indoors and avoid the heat this summer. That's my advice. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm irish and I can't tan, but I think it's mostly because I'm lazy.

Also, there's the whole dress code thing. For some reason at lots of bars it seems as though they frown on people wearing shorts, and it's just not a good look. So here I am in the middle of summer, wearing jeans, and a nice shirt, trying to have fun, and it looks like I jumped in a pool before I walked in the bar. It's just not an appealing look. People just can't take a hiatus from being social for the summer months, maybe get lucky with some rainy days? I really don't think that's too much to ask.

And the BEACH, forget about it. Maybe my least favorite place in the world. It's hot, you get sand everywhere, there's annoying kids running around, I turn into a lobster, the umbrella always blows away in the wind, and the water is always too cold. Just a miserable experience.

Despite all that, there's a new Transformers movie coming out next, so I'm pretty pumped for summer. But I do not understand how people survived without AC back in the STONE AGES.

And that is what grinds my gears this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment