Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jay's Reasons for Hate

My 3 year-old roommate loves trains and I mean LOVES TRAINS. He's an avid Thomas the Tank Engine fan. He has train tracks all over this house. Each time he see's them he instantly gets happy.

When I was a kid I also had a love for trains. The bigger I could make the track the happier I was. I can't begin to explain how much I enjoyed playing trains. I would pretend to be the conductor and move the trains around by hand. "Last Stop: ThisisAwesome."

When I was five I got an electric train set. This train was so realistic and I got to control when it ran and when it stopped. Nothing is more amazing to a child and seeing something move by pushing a button. "Last Stop: IHaveTheTouchOfGod"

For years I played trains. YEARS. I loved every second of it. I'm positive it's the reason I look at a train now and say, "I'm so fucking tired of public transportation."

No comments:

Post a Comment