Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lizzie hates on Alaska

So tonight I had a (completely unheated and casual) discussion with my (unfortunate and highly confused) republican friend. She claims that our lil ole go-getter Sarah Palin is a real smart cookie after reading her new book. She was also very adamant that Ms. Palin never said the phrase "I can see Russia from my house!" Now that may very well be true, but there are definitely some REAL quotes that proudly make her one of the dumbest people to ever grace the public eye....

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

"They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan."

"Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doing this for naught."

"I would hope at least that those protesters have the courage and the honor of thanking our veterans for giving them the right to protest!"

"Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings."

"They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?"

"When I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism, or maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, "Man, that doesn't do us any good, women in politics, or women in general, trying to progress this country."

Book burnings will be held in my backyard....

No comments:

Post a Comment