Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cripple Con Thr33some



From Jan. 15th to the 18th I attended a caricature art convention in San Antonio, TX called Cripple Con. This was the third installment of the con which bore the title Thr33some, this was actually my second year going and it lived up to all my expectations. This convention was put together by a few of my close friends as a no-holds-barred art party that said "fuck you" to any kind of censorship at conventions.

The activities consisted of a live contest called the Art Fight, where you battled against fellow artists with two minutes to draw your best interpretation of whatever subject you were given. Some of the suggestions were Cookies & Milk Orgy, Cum Pirate, and Meat Lollipop. The winner was chosen from a three part, three minute nerve wrecking spectacle on the last night of the con, where the prize was a karate trophy with an engraved message saying, "Art Fight Champion of the Fuckin' World!"

There were other awards given out, not only for artwork, but such superlatives as Creepiest of the Con and Worst of the Con. Those people deserved it! The Crip Creeper, as it was called, was a prize of a pair of previously worn men's briefs from my pal Jeremy.

All in all, I spent the weekend with all my drunk friends staying up to all hours of the morning drawing, cracking jokes, dance parties, heavy petting, and everything and anything a group of people with a "I don't give a fuck attitude" could do. We weren't anarchists, but we knew what we could do and what we couldn't do. No matter what anyone says, that Sunday night pool party was worth it!

I'll leave you with the most disgusting thing I have ever drawn. It was for the themed wall for a Threesome. This drawing is now in the possession of Ryan, who is thinking of putting it in a frame as we speak. In case you're having trouble seeing the picture. The headless horseman's head is blowing the dude who is getting railed by the black horse. It's disgusting I know, but this is how I spent my weekend.

I hope you will join me next year for Cripple Con Fourskin...Naturally. It's going to be a blast!

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment