Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Memoirs of a Pussy

In the midst of the world freezing over today, my family and I discovered one of my cats to be missing. Typically we don't think this to be a big deal cause they're outdoor cats, but since we now live in a frozen tundra we felt that its not a good idea to leave our pets outside to turn into little popsicles. We went on a hunt for our cat Lucy, and came to discover a faint meowing coming from my car. Turns out, she managed to climb underneath my car hood (yes they can do that). I'm guessing it was to protect herself from the snow, and I can only imagine what kind of thoughts were running through her teeny tiny brain.

Feb 10th (10:06am)
I've managed to find shelter from the falling sky. My fur is wet, and hope I am not in danger of hypothermia. I hope whatever is happening will end soon. I can only hope that my owners have found protection from this horrible apocalypse. For now I will just have to wait it out.

-Lucy

Feb 10th (11:30am)
The frigid white ash has not let up. It is piling up all around me, and I fear I may be buried inside my safe house. I have come to terms with the fact that my loved ones have all perished, as I was not there to protect them. If only I was there to show them a safe way out. But I can no longer blame myself. It's time for me to think about my own survival.

-Lucy

Feb 10th (12pm)
The dizzy spells have begun. I knew this was bound to happen. There is a lack of oxygen in here, and a potent aroma of gasoline. Odd. Food is very scarce. I've managed to find small bits of dirt in here, but it will not curb my immense hunger. I wish for nothing more than to leave what may now become my ironic coffin, but I dare not venture out. But nothing compares to the fact that I really need to relieve myself, and there is absolutely no kitty litter!

-Lucy

Feb 10th (3:47pm)
It's been a while since my last log. This will probably be my last. My body is ice cold, I'm on the brink of starvation, and my bladder may soon explode. I'm all alone in here. My only source of comfort are the long conversations I have with the dip stick...and he's more of a listener. Oh how I miss the days of sleeping on the couch for hours...running out to pee in the backyard...sleeping on the couch for hours...ahhh precious hours I did not truly appreciate until now. I'm probably the only one left on this Earth, and I'm so close to just ending it all right now.

I fear I may be going insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment